When designing our courseware, we pay special attention to satisfy the following important criteria:
- Address preconceptions and students' naive beliefs about science.
- Promote collaboration as well as independent learning
- Promote active processing, design and discovery (guided inquiry).
- Reply to domain-specific approaches and requirements.
- Apply a metacognitive approach to instruction and promote the development of mental models.
- Use multiple representation activities (planning activities to emphasize the interplay among verbal, pictorial and conceptual representations on the screen).
- Design user-friendly interface to help students to navigate through the task.
- Use appropriate display format for instruction.